PRC certificated house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm after some advice. There's a property that has come up within my price and search area. The house was a prefab (Not sure of original build), but it has been taken on by a developer and bricked externally and completely revamped and done out on the inside. It seems the house has been done to spec to be certificated and it is mortgageable.
It is semi detached and the house its attached to remains as the original build.

Would you touch this house?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Not even with a bargepole.

The very fact that you need to ask this question is most of the answer.

Not even with a bargepole.

The very fact that you need to ask this question is most of the answer.

Thanks for your response.
I am asking because my knowledge in this area is poor, though I know not to touch prefab houses, I just don't know enough about those bricked with certificate.

What I worry about is these prefabs were only expected to last 20 years maximum. I would worry about deterioration.

Sponsored Links
Yes 20-30 years was maximum expected service life but there were still a few hundred in use in Liverpool upto and during the late 70's. They were only demolished to make way for a runway extension to the local airport but they decided to not extend it so built new houses on the site instead.

If the prefab you're wanting to buy belongs to my mate Richard I say go for it. If not..............leave well alone.

Back