Pre cast door cill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My architect has specified a precast concrete door cill with a weatherstop to go under the front door.

We had some custom precast stone cills put under the windows, but he says this would be a more off the shelf item, since you won't see it being under the door.

I'm really struggling to find a supplier in london when I search on google. Does anyone know what I should be looking for. I keep coming up with the same specialty custom precast stone makers. Which of course will be expensive.

I just want something off the shelf. Cross section will be about 50 x 80mm

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Little update to my research if this helps anyone.

Looks like we could use:

Precast stone or concrete
Yorkstone
Blue Staffordshire Class A solid engineering bricks

The terms I should be using would be "Threshold", "slab", or "lintel"

General builders merchants occasionally stock the blue engineering bricks but not the others

The stone or cast products are very often custom made, and whilst they were used extensively in thresholds for old victorian buildings, it seems it is uncommon now.

I have found a few suppliers, mainly of reclaimed stone in kent

The precast stone will be expensive, and there are only a couple of suppliers down south

The precast concrete tends to come from the major concrete suppliers who have sub divisions for precast. It will be a stock item, but often tends to be a sloping sill, whereas I wanted a rectangular one.

Unless you are willing to collect, the delivery cost will be huge.

Best item for off the shelf, will be the engineering blues.

Hope that helps someone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back