Pre filtered master socket disabled my other sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The socket which was a mastered was fixed by a OpenReach engineer about 6 months ago and a new, pre filtered face was installed (that was done as a attempt to address some of the connection issues). Things were all fine until now, when we have to move the office to a different room.
It seems, that with the new socket, we can not use all other sockets in the house to connect the router (phone is working fine in other sockets).
The main socket is located in the room, that now is being turned into nursery for our new baby so we do not want the router to be based there. Plus we have some desktop computers with no wireless card than need ethernet cable, and other laptops that use VPN and work best if wired - so we need the router to be located close.

Any idea what could I do? How to enable other sockets again? I really do not need that master socket pre filtered any more...

Please advice,

Joanna

Sponsored Links
There are several ways of solving your problem. None are difficult, but depends on what you have and what will satisfy you.
Look at the front removable part of the master socket.
This will have a broadband socket (jack) and a telephone voice socket, on the front-------on the back, does it have an A&B connector available , plus 2345 IDC connections, (push-in wires) or only the 2345 connections.?

Secondly, is there a spare color pair of wires in the cable that is currently connected to the 2345 IDC block?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back