Pre-heating shower water - Electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have Triton T100 8.5kw and which I have discovered is absolutely dire in the winter months.
On it's max setting of 9 the water is luke warm with cold feed at full pressure.
I have improved the temperture slightly by turning back the stopcock to reduce pressure but it still isn't enough and now the water pressure isn't ideal either.

My water system was converted/change last year.

I did have a cold water storage tank in the loft which used to feed the shower but that's now gone and have a Potterton Promax 28 combi in it's place so the shower is now connected directly to the cold water mains.

The shower cannot heat very cold water quick enough so it got me thinking how I could resolve this and get the nagging wife off my back. :)

I came up with the idea of pre heating the water with one of these but I'm totally unsure if it would work.
All i want to do is raise the water temperature a few degrees before reaching to the shower.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That will not work as water will be too hot.

You could plumb in a thermostatic blending valve to deliver water to the shower at 20 degrees or so.

Yes but make sure it adjusts to a much lower temperature and that your shower has a low power setting as the 10kw input would be too much

Sponsored Links
Why not not install a thermostatic mixer shower instead of (or if you like as well as) the Triton?

Yes but make sure it adjusts to a much lower temperature and that your shower has a low power setting as the 10kw input would be too much

Hi

I took your advice and just want to thanks, the shower is now spot on!

I fitted the mixer similar to the above although i had opt for a more expensive unit as the one i linked in my OP was out of stock.

I tapped into hot water tap on the basin and routed new pipework using speed-fit, a pretty simple job in the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back