Pre made copper pieces

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can you get short pre made copper pieces, specifically "cranked"?

I need to change my kitchen tap but at the moment the tap tails are literally stretched to max since my sink bowl is really deep so extending straight up is a no go. I have space behind the sink to fit a bit of cranked pipe.

The alternative is get longer tails than supplied with tap. But other posts on here seem to discourage that. I already have iso valves.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can buy copper plumbing sticks ,which you can bend by hand.15mm at each end.
300mm long though,and you can make them much shorter.

Are you talking about an offset? You can buy just about any pre-shaped bend these days

1700429285070.png
1700429354181.png

Sponsored Links
Yeah that's the ticket. That long one in @Madrab second picture is perfect as I can cut each end to suit. I forgot to say in OP that I need enough length to get compression fit since one end will be in the iso valve and the tail end will have a suitable compression fitting.

I did search for offset but only results were those pre-ended ones, either pre-soldered, press-fit etc. where as I need ones just like that 2nd pic. I still can't find it in Google, so where is that from?

Although that said, are longer (e.g. 300mm) tails really that bad? From bottom of tap to end of pipe is basically 225mm and this seems to be the standard tail length.

If you have good mains pressure for hot and cold then longer tails won't be an issue.

Of course I now can't find the link to that ones I found. If you have a good local plumber then he'll be able to pull offsets for you in 2 secs flat, if he's at all reputably decent then he should just charge for the bits of copper, even if that.

If you have good mains pressure for hot and cold then longer tails won't be an issue
Yeah I have the other thread (which I think you have contributed to) about reducing the flow rate at each point of use (not at the stopcock)!

So seems like that's the simpler method.

Flexi's start to become an issue particularly with gravity hot and cold water or when the mains water is low pressure low flow. If the mains is healthy and the hot and cold outlets are on a mains supply then there's usually a min impact when using flexi's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back