Preesure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester greenstar CDI 42 combi boiler.

It was just been serviced 2 weeks ago and is one year old.

I am getting a .75 bar drop in pressure between hot (88C) and cool (48C). Is this normal (acceptable) because I do not remember this happening prior to the service?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As long as it settles at the same point then it should be OK... Your expansion vessel charge may need checking though as a .75 pressure rise is a little excessive...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. I had my suspicions about the expansion chamber. I got the same guy (Worcester-Bosch) back again after the service because it wasn't happening before and he claimed the boiler was A1. What, apart from the boiler can cause this discrepency?

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As long as it settles at the same point then it should be OK... Your expansion vessel charge may need checking though as a .75 pressure rise is a little excessive...[

It`s a pressure drop, not a pressure rise as the system cools it will drop. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Depends whether your starting point is hot or cold.

A drop from hot is contraction/cooling and is perfectly normal - as is a slight rise from cold.. A drop from cold would be a leak and not what the OP reported.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and... :?:

OP is saying the pressure goes down as the boiler cools.

So, for example.

When cold the boiler is sitting at 1 bar. It heats up to 88 degrees and the pressure goes to 1.75.

As the boiler cools again the pressure returns to 1 bar.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ex vessel and prv then cliver

if it was ex vessel then the boiler would show it to be over pressurised probably around 3 bar immediately :rolleyes: , if it was the prv then it would indeed be losing pressure via the blow off, easy to check innit....Basically what I am saying is: his boiler is performing exactly the way it should be and there is no problem.. ;)

Sponsored Links