boiler pressure dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a worcester greenstar 40 CDI combi. The pressure has dropped significantly as I removed and drained a radiator for decorating purposes. As a consequence the system needs topping up, but I am unsure how to do it. I believe my boiler has an internal filling loop, what should this look like and how do I remedy the situation. any advice greatfully received :)

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks I had a look and it doesn't tell you anywhere how you do this, just says if the pressure drops to get one of their engineers to come out!! However, wanted to do this myself

Do they still use the plastic filling link on this model? If so you will have a 'T' shaped plastic key that has to be inserted under the boiler and turned to fill up system. If all else fails put hose on drain point and back fill ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks for all your advice. there is a plastic key which I have inserted and turned to fill the system. The radiators are all hot downstairs now but the upstairs radiators do not seem to be filling?? any ideas

You also have to turn on a separate tap under the boiler (very near to white filling key) to get the water to flow in.

Fill to about 1 bar, bleed upstairs rads, refill to 1 bar, then turn off tap and remove white key.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH meldrew's mate job is now done and all is working perfectly.
Much thanks to you :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back