Premier Elite 48 & Deltabell Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed the system 2 years ago but I wonder if I can control the bellbox when the backlit and strobe flash turns on via the LCD-LP keypad as I don't want it on in daytime since you cant even see it and it waste electricity everyday

Sponsored Links
I suspect it will depend on the bell box age, the newer versions of the bellbox do have a terminal that can be connected to OV to disable the back light during the day.

Never used it so not sure how it works, but hopefully its a sensor in the bell box with zeo volts to the disable terminal the sensor controls the back light rather than it being permanently on.

The strobe will still fire during the day if system in alarm I believe.

It wouldnt be controlled by the alarm system just the bell box itself.

The newer ones have an LDR to kill the backlight during the day as standard.

Sponsored Links
That's the deltabell x with light box not plus with the LDR. anyway it's only an extra 30ma at 12v big deal ! You may save 50p a year !

Admittedly it will save very little but electric is always going up.

Says in the manual "The Deltabell Plus now incorporates and LDR feature where the backlight is only enabled at nght time." then shows how to enable/disable it.

Or put another way, if your bell doesn't have the feature now, its likely that it would take well over 30 years if you swapped it for one that has the feature for the saving to pay for the bell box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back