Prep work for installing French Doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Just need some Direction please.

I'm converting my windows in the lounge into french doors. The French will be installed once I have completed the opening by the company.

I have taken the internal wall down (see pic) to the damp proof coursing, which is actually slate! This level is about an 2 inchs below the floor boards. The outside leaf is a double slate layer DPC which levels out the same height as the internal one.

I also have a cavity void about 70mm all round,
How to you go about preparing the foundations for the french doors?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The pvc cill will just sit on top of the damp course or a bed of mortar on top of some DPC. The installers should sort this though

Thats one problem sorted then. What about the cavity void? Is that Filled in or bridged across with some sort of material? Do i just level off both of the walls so its a solid concert block?

Thats one problem sorted then. What about the cavity void? Is that Filled in or bridged across with some sort of material? Do i just level off both of the walls so its a solid concert block?

Well seeing as you've removed the plaster reveals from around the window needlessly i would now use a cavity closer along the top and sides and plasterboard over, the bottom i'd try and get a nice solid oak threshold

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back