Prepare for Boiler in Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having central heating installed and have specified a Worcester Greenstar 38CDi Classic Combi to be put into the garage. I wanted to box it in to provide some protection - eventually I plan to convert the garage into living accomodation. Therefore before the plumber installs the boiler I'd like to put some backing onto the bare brick walls so that it is ready after install to make a cupboard for it. Can anyone advice on best thing to do

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are planning ahead then you may need to look at whether the garage walls are up to the task regards insulation

If they require further insulation fitting to the existing internal face then you may want to ensure that either there is a panel of insulation fitted prior to the boiler being hung or batten the boiler off the wall so that any future additional thickness of insulation does not interfere with pipework.

It is important you do this to prevent having to alter pipework in the future particularly expensive flues etc.

My thoughts exactly. What do you recommend in the way of insulation? can you buy ready made panels to screw onto the internal brickwork ?

Sponsored Links
What do you recommend in the way of insulation? can you buy ready made panels to screw onto the internal brickwork ?
You would need to look at the make-up of the walls and the ceiling and the floor, then design the thermal elements so that as a whole they satisfy heat loss regulations.

How are the existing garage walls made up? For all i know you may have 100mm fully filled (dri-therm) cavities, in which case they would conform with just a coat of plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back