Preparing an existing brick wall for dot and dab.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly im a newbie so hello, been reading for a while and just got round to joining.

I have two existing brick build cavity walls where i have removed lime render or similar, not too sure presume its lime as on of the walls in the room is cob.

I have brought Cementone rendabond PVA to get the wall sorted prior to D&D

I would like to know what ration i should mix the PVA with water

Cheers

T

Sponsored Links
It should tell you on the product, it is always best to follow manufacturers instructions, as some differ.
But normally 4 or 5-1 for first coat, then a bit stronger for second coat, 3-1.
You can actually get away without priming the walls for DnDing, but it wont hurt to do so!

Thanks for the response, its hard to tell how old the walls are but i think they probably are 50 years plus maybe more.

you think two coats then?

Sponsored Links
board adhesive doesn't mind lots of suction so i normally don't bother to PVA unless i need to consolidate a powdery surface, usually where i've taken old lime off too.

im with trowelmonkey on this one, d&d doesnt really need pva applied, but i aslo do if i have removed an exsisting powdery coat I.E lime plaster, just to keep the dust from getting between the wall and the adhesive, i would say one coat of glue, let it go tacky, then get sticking mad.
happy dabbing.
JRP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back