Preparing new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my walls skimmed. I'm getting ready for painting, bought my Dulux trade supermatt in white ready for mist coating. The house is filthy dirty after being renovated - what's the best way to clean the walls ready for painting? Should I use sugarsoap? Also, do I need to lightly sand the walls? Plasterer says no need, but there are some rough spots.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont think you would need to Sugar Soap, just give the walls a light rub down to get rid of any nibs, then get a soft hand brush and sweep down.
Then apply your miscoat.

When you have done your miscoat, turn on the artificial light, and then you will see anu imperfections, ie, gouges, trowel marks indents etc.

fill where necessary, then sand down the filler, and brush on the filled areas with your diluted paint ( like the miscoat mix) at least 2-3 times, then do your proper coats.

You wont see any blemishes in the natural daylight, but you will definately see them when you put on your lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back