preparing pipes in concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Extension being built ground floor level.
King span insulation has been put down and floor will come up another 100m to finished level.
thinking of laying pipes in trunking on king span insulation .
What do people use for protection of pipes ie trunking and boxes to cover joints.
Where do I get these from?
What's best recommended plastic or copper , was swaying towards plastic for ease and speed.

Sponsored Links
for uninterrupted runs pipe in pipe is best imo

515091_wl.jpg

no need for trunking ect then.

I have just done this.

I used plastic pipe and speedfit which go together quicker than copper. I used pipe in pipe i.e. slightly larger flexible pipe that the plastic 15/22mm goes through and buried that in the screed - bought mine from screwfix, quite cheap.

Re the elbows etc - Google polypipe JIB1 - Its a plastic box which also gets buried in the screed and houses all connections to rad tails etc - also you get a wooden lid to go on top to cover it up and lay the flooring over.

All quite cheap. I have also moved a few existing rads and when they were original installed the original builder just buried everything in the screed with no protection - both plastic and copper - not ideal.

I suspect the wooden lid its expected to go in the floor so the joints can remain accessible!

Sponsored Links
Thanks these were just what I was looking for
How does the over pipe connect to those junction boxes or do u just tape em
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back