Pressed the wrong button

Sponsored Links
A bit harsh. I quite like a hawkish interviewer. Would you rather have your journalist/presenter more appeasing to their guests or do you just dislike strong women?

I'm not keen on that style of interview when it's not informative. They often aren't.They are usually aimed at getting some prominent person to slip up and say something they can't. The only one that generally doesn't do it is Snow. Guru-Murphy is keen on them too but different. Had to laugh during the labour leader interviews where he gave them 1min to talk about something pretty complicated - a certain labour man's response - watch out or we will go on strike. Trump is some respects is correct - this sort of thing is purely for effect. Corbyn is an extreme example - kept being asked if he was for in or out. He'd expressed his views clearly so all that did was enforced certain other parties propaganda. A more informative interviewer would have asked why he has the view he has and picked him up on that. Eg Take Snow talking to him about privatisation - would you make people redundant if needed. Some one would need to at times and also increase prices. It needs to be out of political control. That can be done.

One thing they do well is digging up people to interview and they often handle politics well other than above but there commentators don't do that.

The beeb is similar but I feel less informative at times. The daily brief broadcasts have been of interest at times. ;) I feel they tend to be a bit more for noddy.

Politics - I'm inclined to feel they are both a little right wing but that may relate to which party has most internal ructions but I notice that often they don't try very hard with some so frequently but they may refuse to be interviewed - often happens. Mind you they have interviewed Hunt a number of times - he runs the covid select committee.

Sponsored Links
Back