Pressed the wrong button

BBC4 is good viewing, but a lot of the other stuff the BBC puts out is rubbish.
They should be paying the viewer to watch their rubbish programmes and not the other way round.
I like BBC 4, I think in common with the commercial channels there is a lot of stuff I don't like, but I am very fussy, I have never seen any channel come close to the wildlife docs on the BBC, not forgetting radio either

Sponsored Links
Another good thing about the BBC is that they don't show commercials.

The BBC has its pros and cons but the one area which gets my goat is their news delivery.
I'd like to know how many news presenters are being paid to deliver the same news, on the same day.
The 10 o'clock evening news is very much the same as the earlier 6 o'clock news.
Corvid gets reported and analysed in detail by different presenters but the outcome is the same.
They may as well just 'repeat' the previous transmission with an additional 5/10 mins to add any recent changes.

And I cannot underdstand why any news channel needs to have a journalist permanently stood outside no10, just in case a politician walks in/out to shout......"Are you going to comment/resign/apologise/ minister?"
I watch most news channels and they must have an agreement as to who shouts when, as there is only one 'shouter' and it always seems to be the one whose TV channel is reporting it.
You never hear Laura Keunssberg shouting out on ITV/CH4 news reports.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The 10 o'clock evening news is very much the same as the earlier 6 o'clock news.

I never watch that.The reason it's there is for people that miss the others. There are lots who do. I don't but it's the reason I watch any series via catch up in pairs at 9pm. Or Netflix or Amazon fire for a movie or one of the other channels - often BBC ones. :) Recently decided to watch Spooks from the start as missed loads.

Their lunchtime news sometimes has things on that are dropped from the others.

The local news can also be interested.

The usual comment about them that makes me laugh is being left wing. In real terms it's comparing them with right wing sources.

Channel 4 news is the interesting one. They refer to it as being mischievous at times - things "they" don't really want you to know about. One interesting politician comment that went on air was threatening to sell them to C5. C4 news though is a good source for all sorts providing people can spot good telly moments. Beeb has those too. C4 more. There was also a rather interesting one prior to Brexit, cross party and involving a Harvard business professor they invited over for a talk.

Dispatches can be interesting too but is sometime done by some one with rather fixed views so not informative. Depends on what it's about.

C4 news was rather good on CV19 today. Good place to see what good telly is about. The curly headed blond witch is always at it. Tried it on the man who is running the UK vaccine project and he was laughing at her. Trying to get him to say solid things that he can't. He went through what the infected 150k of the population really means. Also talked about the vaccine. Seems they will probably be testing it in the NHS at some point as prevalence is higher than the general population.

;) Just hope Starmer gets used to her.

The curly headed blond witch is always at it.
A bit harsh. I quite like a hawkish interviewer. Would you rather have your journalist/presenter more appeasing to their guests or do you just dislike strong women?

I like BBC 4, I think in common with the commercial channels there is a lot of stuff I don't like, but I am very fussy, I have never seen any channel come close to the wildlife docs on the BBC, not forgetting radio either
Just re read Nelson Mandella biography..BBC World service was a lifeline for him....And the shipping forecast was a must years gone for sea farers....Easy to take it all for granted..Lifeline for many all over the World.

We used to listen to the WS when working in Zimbabwe, short wave radio, highlights of the week were Just a Minute, Alistair Cook, I rigged up a plug in timer and cassette recorder to tape it if we were going out

Pressing the wrong button

Blimey there is that other fruitcake kim un jong :eek:

It's been said? That he has missile that could hit the UK :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back