Pressed the wrong button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems that the chancellor can't get to grips with technology

Chancellor Rishi Sunak mistakenly joins rebels in chlorine chicken vote

"Mr Sunak voted digitally for a change to the Agriculture Bill that would have guaranteed a ban on chlorinated chicken and hormone-fed beef.

The amendment was defeated by 277 to 328, a majority of 51.

A source close to the chancellor blamed "teething problems" with a new online voting system.

"The chancellor did not intentionally vote against the government. He called the chief whip straight away to explain," added the source."

So not only a complete thicko, but confirmation that we'll soon be getting crud food from the US.

I wonder how any amendment to exclude selling off 'our' NHS will go? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I wonder how any amendment to exclude selling off 'our' NHS will go?

When Mrs T was about people who worked there were convinced that they were going to sell the NHS off. They spent money but purely on tarting things up.

Boris has indicated that they will be doing something with the BBC. Probably C4 too. A famous media man that has been blocked from some activity in the media area was someone who said he thought Boris would make a wonderful PM way before anyone thought it was even possible. Wonder why.

BBC needs massive reform. post Covid its just a waste of tax payers money.

Sponsored Links
Online voting offers the opportunity for anonymous voting. That would be true democracy.

Online voting offers the opportunity for anonymous voting. That would be true democracy.
And a lack of accountability if it was there for politicians. There's lots of interesting information about historical votes on TheyWorkForYou. They're pretty set in their ways and object to electronic voting because, well, because.

How would you reform it, why is it a waste of money
Tory supporters don't want any sort of independent news service, they want rid of channel 4, BBC etc so that all that all that is left is Telegraph, Daily Mail, Express to feed the uninformed with lies.

This Tory government have worked hard since being in office to try and control the media.

Sadly the BBC are scared of the govt, so they are now Tory puppets -Laura Keunssberg never criticises Buffoon any more.

Tory supporters don't want any sort of independent news service, they want rid of channel 4, BBC etc so that all that all that is left is Telegraph, Daily Mail, Express to feed the uninformed with lies.

This Tory government have worked hard since being in office to try and control the media.

Sadly the BBC are scared of the govt, so they are now Tory puppets -Laura Keunssberg never criticises Buffoon any more.
Mm I thought she had gone bit soft too

BBC needs massive reform. post Covid its just a waste of tax payers money.

Far from it actually. It always has decent viewing figures and still manages to produce series that people watch even though frequently strangled for money. Programs cost money so too much news related really. There news is still pretty flat but some variations to get viewers some are rather lop sided just like most sources as it makes "good telly". Lots of live sport is too expensive for them to show but if they had the income others have they would be showing it. Same with other areas really.

Pay for it via adverts doesn't work as well as it did even for C4 which is also "publicly owned".

My only beef is that series are shown for an hour where as I prefer longer so use catch up to watch 2 on the trot. ;) Be able to watch killing eve shortly.

Their "educational" programs in some cases such as Horizon aren't as good as they used to be long ago and personally I don't watch any soaps. I see reality garbage as a waste of airtime.

They are similar to the NHS in my view - different to what is available elsewhere. I have seen state TV in some other countries and hope ours doesn't finish up the same.

Keeping this bloke out who uses his media to swing opinions to a daft extent really is a good idea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

I've no objection to a subscription service. Just don't see why the BBC should be funded via licence fee.

BBC4 is good viewing, but a lot of the other stuff the BBC puts out is rubbish.
They should be paying the viewer to watch their rubbish programmes and not the other way round.

the US military have probably given him a dummy launch control.

Sponsored Links
Back