1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Pressure dropping on boiler.

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by 96mgb, 24 Dec 2014.

1. 96mgb

96mgb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hey

I have a worchester 35cdi 2 boiler. It recently got high pressure when I over filled it however I opened a radiator and drained it back to the correct level. (About 1bar). However now I keep finding that the overflow is letting water out and the pressure drops below 1 bar. It's a slow process but the pipe is wet.

Any ideas how to stop it?

2. Newboy

Newboy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like the pressure relief valve is not seating properly - get a GasSafe engineer to check it and, if necessary, replace the valve

3. ALCPlumbing

ALCPlumbing

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does it drip constantly or only when you have the heating on? If the latter I would expect the problem to lie with a flat expansion vessel.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local