Pressure/flow drops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Just had a brand new unvented heater installed, Oso SX, expansion provided by two 6 litre vessels, replacing an older model that had packed in.

Have noticed that after having it heating for a while, if you turn partially turn on a hot tap, the flow rate drops after a few seconds - not to a level that is an issue, just a noticeable difference. All the taps are mixers, if that makes any difference.

The same thing doesn't happen if you open a hot tap again a short time later, which leads me to think it's something to do with pressure. I did notice that on this model the incoming cold is reduced to 3 bar, but the expansion vessels are pre-charged (by design) to 3.5 bar.

Could it be this 0.5 bar difference being released when the tap is opened? Why did Oso choose to have a mismatch between the expansion charge and the incoming pressure, I thought they're usually the same?

No indication elsewhere of any issues, no discharge from relief valves etc.

TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back