pressure gauge ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have oil heating the boiler is a warmflow 50/70 bluebird boilerhouse model,the problem is when all rads are on i get no hot water from the tank,but when all rads are off i get hot water,the 3 rads downstairs when i bleed them water comes out,but the four upstairs no air comes out at all when i try to bleed them ,also the auto air vent is leaking so that needs replaced,the only thing is their is no header tank in loft so their has to be a pressure gauge somewhere so i can top up the system,have looked at all pipe work in house and loft ,at the tank ,only thing is the burner but it seems to be a sealed unit ,should this system have one ,if so where could it be ,if not how do you get pressure up and add water

have been pestering kevplumb on this but ill give him a break incase he thinks im a stalker :LOL:

regards mitch

Sponsored Links
nowt wrong with stalkers, you can make a good living advertising garage doors. conservatories......etc anyway ....err i am unfamiliar with your boiler, has it a diverter valve,?
im afraid when im stuck, i go straight to the help line :LOL:
:rolleyes:

;)

im gonna download the "technical" manual. :eek:

so dont expect anything... :cry:

but this chateau neuf de kerosene is quite nice.

:cool:

Sponsored Links
food-smiley-012.gif

so dont expect anything... icon_cry.gif

you mean anything technical :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the boiler i have is in products then standard boilers its on page two (bluebird) the system has been working great for 5 years heating both the rads and the hot water,its just the system does not seem to have a pressure gauge on it ,if this is true how would you top up the system,or see if the pressure is correct,the boiler seems to be a sealed unit only access is at the top but all that is their is baffles,also the system does not have its own water tank in roofspace it just gets feed from main tank

mitch :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ahhhh kevin , on second scan , just copped that one ;) or was it there on my first scan...... :eek:
per sactly..anything technical :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but, ill get over it. ;)

anyway, im orwff now to supervise the carry on forum.... :LOL:

expansion pipe :eek: primatic system :eek: could you explain :confused:

mitch

Could do, but you could save us lots of work, search the forum (or even the web) for "expansion pipe" or "expansion vessel" or "primatic".

if it is a galv unit you can access both sides 3 screws at the bottom the front door should pull forward at the bottom and then slide out.ALL proper boiler houses/ext[cabin paks] have front access for the oil burner call a competent engineer and have it serviced i am sure the engineer will show you how to gain access.you will probably find the e/v and gauge into one of the tappings on the boiler,hope this helps

ok now that i know its a primatic system,it seems to be getting better as the days pass i can now keep all rads on and still getting hot water hope thats it sorted,doesnt feel wright as i cant say i really fixed it ,only turned the rads on and off a few times and broke the auto air valve is this what plumbings like :LOL: if it needs topping up how do you do this ,do i need speicial tools ie pressure gauge :?: whats going on :eek:

cheers mitch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back