Pressure issue with Viessmann Vitodens 100 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Grans called me over as her boiler was not working. It looks like an issue with the pressure.

The red reset light is flashing and the display is reading 0.5 bar.

The picture shows the pipework for the boiler. I have opened up both the black valves by 90 degrees, first the one on the left then the right, but even after 5 mins the display reading has not changed from 0.5. Have I gone wrong somewhere? Any help most appreciated. Thanks

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I think it would be OK at 0.5 Bar. Also I do not think you have a fill pipe installed between the 2 black taps that you turned.

The filling loop (braided hose) isn't connected. It should be somewhere nearby and should be fitted once the brass caps are removed - the bits sticking outwards on your photo.

Figured there was something missing.

Unfortunately it's not working at 0.5 bar.

It's a council property so not allowed to mess with the pipes. Will just have to get them to sort it out. Thank you for the replies.

Sponsored Links
As its a system boiler by the looks of it. due to the lack of cold feed and hot supply. then even bridging the pipes with the caps off are going to do nothing regards filling the boiler, as your just bridging flow and return. they're just drain points you need to find were the cold supply is near and find a braided filling hose. try underneath the boiler in a kitchen cupboard or above the boiler etc. an no it wont be ok at 0.5 bar, as theses have a water pressure sensor hence your problem.

Find this 2 floors up from the boiler near the water tank. Is that what I'm looking for?

would certainly say yes. but what a stupid place to put it. guess theres no guage nearby to check how much to top up ? otherwise youll be running up and down like an idiot. open up the black lever to top up.

No gauge near it so was up and down at least half a dozen time. Got it done eventually and the boiler has fired up. Thank you all for your help.

I'd have sat Gran in front of the boiler and got her to yell when the gauge reached 1.00bar! ;)

A gran would be very useful when the idiot customer does not offer you any tea or coffee!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back