Pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Linea Vokera 24 and the pressure is never above 0.5. I have tried filling it and it got to 1 once but only for day, otherwise it has been 0.5 since we moved in (6 months ago) when it was 1 the bath water was hot the problem is at the moment the hot water tap in the bath is hot and cold it changes every 5 seconds or so. Very weird one second it is boiling the next it is freezing. Is this the tap, pressure or both.

Any help would be appreciated, i am desperate for a warm bath!!!

Sponsored Links
Where abouts is the boiler situated? Is it an a loft or in another elevated position? What is the mains pressure to your property. Both of these could be the cause of the low pressures that you are achieving.

With regards to the fluctuating hot water problem, this could be down to the low pressure of the water causing the boiler to overheat as it cannot transfer the heat quick enough. It could also be down to a dodgy DHW thermister or a dodgy DHW potentiometer. Also possible is a blocked or scaled up sencondary heat exchanger. Very hard to say from a distance.

I would get the pressure problem looked into first as without correct operating pressures further diagnostics are pointless.

Check to see that you stop cock is open, then check that the external stop cock is open. If you have a pressure test kit for MCW then find out what pressure you are achieving in the property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back