Pressure Question (Already viewed FAQ's)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noted the FAQ page that states that a combi boiler will lose pressure at around 0.5Bar per 6 months and that if the pressure drops quicker than this I have a leak.

I also note that it may be through the Pressure Relief Valve or through the Automatic Air Vent.

I'm not sure when my pressure did start to drop, but it needs topping up about every 2 weeks.

About 6 weeks ago I removed a radiator and capped off the pipes and ran new pipework to another location, which at the moment is just capped off with isolation valves.

I have felt around all of the joints that I have changed and can't feel any water, whether pipes are cold or hot. Would such a small leak of pressure be noticed though through water discharge at these joints?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the very fast and descriptive reply. ;)

Will get the engineer to have a look at the other options then on next service.

Sponsored Links
Pressurise the boiler as normal, then isolate from system and leave as long as possible.

If pressure remains constant whilst isolated the leak is on the system side.

This will be confirmed by the pressure dropping when you re-open the boiler ch isolating valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back