Pressure Reducing Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on a job today the guy asked me if i knew why his water pressure has gone really low. he had a Pressure Reducing Valve fitted 2 years ago to solve a problem of 'high' pressure where an auto pressure relief valve attached to a under sink unvented water heater was continually passing.

i turned off a Ball-o-fix valve opened up the gauge port ( releasing pressure left in pipe work) tightened all back up and re purged the pipe work. the pressure was restored. later the pressure went low again so i suspect a faulty Pressure Reducing Valve. The question is, should a Pressure Reducing Valve be required any way? What pressure range should i expect and what pressure should a auto PRv pass?
looking at other water heaters it seems 10bar static 6 bar working minimum 1.4 is normal so i cant see why a Pressure Reducing Valve would be required any way so suspect a faulty auto relief vale as well. any one got any experience with these valves? cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back