Pressure refleif pipe - routing

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a pressure releif pipe coming out the wall in what was once a passage inbetween my house and garage which is now joined and has a roof over it.

I need to route this pipe to outside and the only way is to extend it, running it approx two metres across the wall with the appropriate fall and drill to outside above (to one side) of a upvc door. Is it best to drill through the concrete lintel or there is a upvc trim above the door about 30mm in height. Can I drill and run te pipe out through this way?

Sponsored Links
I'd like to know if these pipes can be extended also.

Have one on gable end where I want to build conservatory.

What fall would be required?

Prv discharge pipe from heating can be extended, if its on an unvented cylinder youd need a g3 plumber. It needs a fall of any description and must terminate safely. That , basically, means at low level or swan-necked back to wall, but not where someone can stand right under it.

• Thanks
Reactions: RMS
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses. I've decided to run it outside through the upvc trim above the door at one side. I will swan neck against the wall to when it gets outside.

The run internally is one length of copper and a 90 degree fitting. Does this need to be a soldered fitting?

No, compression is fine. Just don't use plastic pipe or fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back