Pressure release valve incorporates sensor - replacement not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a halstead ace he30 combi and the pressure release valve is stuck open - the boiler loses pressure very quickly and you can see it escaping from outside. I've just purchased a replacement he30 valve and it arrived. Got ready to replace the valve and realised that the original release valve has a sensor directly wired to the pressure guage, mounted in the pressure release valve. The one I have purchased does not! Every other valve I can see also does not have the pressure sensor mounted in the valve so I'm very confused!!

It doesn't look like I can replace the valve with a similar unit which houses the sensor as well! Is there any other way I can hook in the pressure sensor. I can fully see that the new prv will fit but I'll not have a working pressure guage!!

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Have you considered cleaning the existing PRV.
If you're capable of making a thin 'C' type spanner then you can dismantle it for cleaning.
If you twist the knob it will lift and you'll see what's required.
A 'C' type spanner with a protruding 'nib' to match the 'slot' in the shoulder of the head.
Its just dirt on the seating face or rubber washer that's stopping it from sealing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back