Pressure Relief Drain Pipe come away from Worcester Jnr 28i!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i kept loosing pressure. With no visible leaks, I started to get under the floorboards.

I was then amazed when the pipe on the far right (the 7th one) came away in my hands !! The other end is under the floor.

That's the Pressure Relief Drain Pipe (p31 of www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/.../insta...tar-i-junior--manufactured-aug-08-july-09.pdf ).

Crikey. Presumably under the floor is a pipe connected to a drain somewhere. (The far left plastic Condensing Pipe goes to an outside drain; I understand Pressure Relief has to be Copper as the water may be boiling - so they musn't combine).

Really appreciate some advice. Thinking of turning boiler back on and seeing if Pressure Relief spurts out water (eg put a bucket underneath). But still; what could be the root-cause of loosing pressure - other than a hidden leak in the system somewhere ?

Worst case I have 2 problems -- hidden leak and a disconnected Pressure Relief -- just coincidental and both need to get under the floor :(

Or could this pipe be causing pressure loss somehow ??

Thanks in advance - Mike / Manchester.

Sponsored Links
I'd try it with a bucket under the boiler and the prv pipe left off, if the water leaks from that you're halfway to solving your problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back