Much water from Condensing Pipe (Worcester Greenstar Jnr 28)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've paid the extra 'insurance' and had a Worcester engineer visit yesterday but would still value opinions on my problem as I'm surprised ....

Problem is pressure is dropping on my Worcester Greenstar Jnr 28. It happens much more when Hot than cold irrespective of which Rads are open/closed.

I established a LOT of water coming from the Condensing Pipe - around 1.5 Pints while pressure drops 1.5 Bar over 1-2 hours. Sometimes constant drips, sometimes a 'splurge' for 3-4 seconds.

That doesn't sound right to me but the Worcester Engineer said it's working as designed and that happens. Really ??? He checked boiler for leaks.

If not the boiler then I must have a system lead and I'm now looking under floor-boards which is difficult as supporting walls prevent me seeing very far so I have to make several openings and will have to smash floor tiles :(

Thanks in advance - Mike / Manchester

Sponsored Links
Switch boiler off, fill system to 2bar then isolate the heating flow and returns. Leave overnight. If pressure drops, heat exchanger is leaking (leave a bucket under condensate pipe too to collect water). If it doesnt drop, its the system thats leaking

Switch boiler off, fill system to 2bar then isolate the heating flow and returns. Leave overnight. If pressure drops, heat exchanger is leaking (leave a bucket under condensate pipe too to collect water). If it doesnt drop, its the system thats leaking

Petit Pablo,
makes sense but how do I isolate the heating flow and returns ??

Sorry to ask the obvious but I've not done before.

Thanks for this - Mike.

Sponsored Links
Switch boiler off, fill system to 2bar then isolate the heating flow and returns. Leave overnight. If pressure drops, heat exchanger is leaking

Or the pressure relief valve is letting by...... tie a plastic bag around the discharge pipe to check for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back