Pressure relief valve on boiler should it be purged outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i had British gas out doing the 1st service on my boiler for homecare, and the engineer said that new legislation stated that the pressure relief pipe could not be evacuated out the wall to the outside as it may burn a passer bye !!! so can anyone confirm where it is supposed to be housed ? also i was checking that the needle valves on the TVR's werent sticking so removed the regulator cover for temp control only to find they wont go back on, there is a little metal lug inside the regulator which stops it snapping back on to the brass totthed valve, the regulators are Danfloss, thanks in advance to all who reply.

Sponsored Links
You probably misunderstood him, the pipe must terminate outside either facing back into the wall or less than 300mm from the ground.

Before putting the thermostat back on the valve turn it up to full, it should go on easier then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back