pressure testing

Sponsored Links
However you like, you won't be following manufacturers procedures with a dry test anyway. I'd say 1.5 × max working pressure for an hour if you must do it that way. John Guest recommend a wet test of 2 bar for 10 minutes followed by 10 bar for 10 minutes. You'll do well to find a compressor that will pump up to 10 bar

You'll do well to find a compressor that will pump up to 10 bar

Only an idiot tests with air. If you've bought one of those Monument dry test kits sold for the use of incompetent simpletons, then I'd suggest you take it back and ask for your money back; it is unfit for the purpose for which it was sold.

The instructions don't specify pressure or duration because it's ****ing dangerous.

Only an idiot tests with air. If you've bought one of those Monument dry test kits sold for the use of incompetent simpletons, then I'd suggest you take it back and ask for your money back; it is unfit for the purpose for which it was sold.

The instructions don't specify pressure or duration because it's f***** dangerous.

I haven't bought one, I was simply making the point that it can't be done...suppose I maybe should have explained why it's more dangerous than testing with water at the same time, but I didn't, because I don't know why :confused: Maybe you could do that...

Sponsored Links

The instructions don't specify pressure or duration because it's f***** dangerous.
Out of interest, why is the airtester unfit for purpose, and why is it more dangerous than hydraulic testing?

Whats a jg circuit ? air at very high pressures if it fractures a pipe & suddenly releases is un-safe , when they test large ind , gas mains they are only allowed to test up to a certain pressure with air , there after thay have to use water & hydrulically test the pipe , & the water has to be tankered in & out ! ever seen a car tyre over pressurised & burst I did bloke ended up in casualty !!

Because it is same as an airgun. If something comes off, it will take you head off.

But why is, for example, a hydraulic "explosion" at say 3 bar safer than a pneumatic one at the same pressure? After all, 3 bar would be a reasonable test for a heating circuit?

what pressure an how long should i dry test my JG circuits for?

JG?

If you mean gas then you would already know if you were registered as competent, if you are neither then no RGI should be telling you

There's two tests as set by the water regs:

Test A.
1.5 times max working pressure for 30 mins, test continues for further 90 mins without further pressurising; pressure then reduced to a third of test pressure after 30 mins; pressure does not drop below one third of test pressure over following 90 mins; no visible leaks throughout test

Test B.
1.5 times max working pressure for 30 mins, then note pressure, test continues for 150 mins without further pressurising; drop in pressure must be less than 0.6 bar (60kPa) after the following 30 mins, or 0.8 bar (80kPa) after the following 150 mins; no visible leaks throughout test

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back