Pushfit stop end on heating circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are push fit (JG Speedfit) stop ends ok for central heating circuits?

There's a pair of 22mm copper pipes under my floor blocked off with speedfit fittings (I think one is Hep one is JG Speedfit).

I don't know how close they are to the active circuit, so I don't know how hot they'll be getting.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yup,
p4761007_l.jpg
had no problems with them. You can get copper ones,
p4752241_s.jpg
but still use rubber 'o' rings...

My whole water and heating is plastic (oldest fitting is 12years)

Any plastic fittings should be more than 1m from the boiler. As they are stop ends, hot water will not be flowing through them anyway, just the heat from the pipe.

it'll be sound mate loads of plumbers use plastic now. you should have no worries

Sponsored Links
yer sound... i had one about a month or two ago which had been rubbing on the top of a wooden floor board, it wore all the way through the fitting and the leaking water took the ceiling down.

Another plastic pipe under the floor down stairs had been expanding when hot, bending and rubbing against the brick wall, this also wore through.

OK for bathrooms and cold water, but not much confidence for heating systems, but only my opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back