pressure up on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a query,unsure about this one,the pressure on a combi boiler rose after the house next door had a broken mains pipe repaired,how would you drop the pressure,im i right in saying drain some water out the radiators to drop the pressure to under 1 bar,then refill to correct pressure

thanks

Sponsored Links
does seem odd how it should raise the pressure,maybe the filling loop is faulty,not my job to fix it,thankfully,bit of a mystery to me,thats why i did not take on the job,just wanted to know any opions on the issue,had me puzzled how fixing the neighbours pipe made the pressure rise,i think the person in question has done somthing he is not aware of, :confused:

your filling loop should be disconnected after topping up the system, if the non return valve fails on your loop and it is connected and turned on it could backflow and contaminate and perhaps cause legionaires disease to the locall people, to release pressure find the bow off valve and turn anti clockwise until the desired water pressure is reached,

Sponsored Links
oh goody bleeding spelling lesson now :evil:

you know what the poster meant ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back