Pressure wash scam left our roof damaged and ugly

If I was that unhappy I'd just get them replaced. Life is short and if you can afford it get it done

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I used to deal with a lot of stone slate roofs and I did hear about cow s**t or possibly sheep s**t (there weren't any cows in that area) being used to speed up the weathering to replacement roofs. Never saw it done and I could never decide if it was the roofers taking the p**s.

I used to deal with a lot of stone slate roofs and I did hear about cow s**t or possibly sheep s**t (there weren't any cows in that area) being used to speed up the weathering to replacement roofs. Never saw it done and I could never decide if it was the roofers taking the p**s.

Roughly how much would replacing all the tiles on a roof about 11m x 5m cost? South East.

Sponsored Links
Probably looking at around £10k.
Would that be to just literally replace the tiles like with like - how much would scaffolding cost for a job like that and how long would it take do you reckon?

Would that be to just literally replace the tiles like with like - how much would scaffolding cost for a job like that and how long would it take do you reckon?

I know a friend of mine had his roof replaced, new concrete tiles, under slating, battens, semi detached and it was just under that.

Attaching some images to show before and after damage.

Before pic
After pics (the light in this first one was at sunset and makes it look better than it really does)
Close up from top window

With regards to the tiles - I'm going to ask you is it really that bad - I actually like the colour that they are and they don't stand out to me very much.
My advice to you would be to ask other people's opinion and my guess is that a cross section of people will say it looks good as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't look up for a few months and save a few quid and a few mmHg's off your blood pressure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back