Pressurised CH System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 3-storey house with an open vented system, fitted prior to our arrival 3 years ago. It's a standard open system, but we've had leaks and problems over the last year (it's a mix of plastic and copper, push-fit and solder, metric and imperial....) so the bottom line is that I am thinking about moving to a closed pressurised system.
I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on current systems, and if I am correct in my understanding:
1. I could have all the equipment fitted into the utility room on the ground floor where there 33kW combi boiler is currently fitted
2. I could remove the huge header tanks from the loft, as everything would be fed from pipes exiting the utility room
3. I would get good pressure on all floors thanks to the pump - even up to the 2nd floor shower
I would be best to replace all pipework to ensure good pressure-tight copper throughout
I will also be replacing a lot of radiators as around 7 of them are old cast-iron types.
My alternative would be to just re-plumb all the existing tanks, but it seems to me that would be a wasted opportunity, and would cost a lot in any case.
Any comments appreciated. Any idea at all how much I'd be looking at for such a system? I'm going to get at least a couple of quotes from local firms that have worked for me before to a good standard.
Thanks, Jock

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back