prevent paint cracking & peeling above radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had 2 rooms redecorated recently and I guess its either the paint or the skimming thats caused the paint to fail after a few weeks. The real culprit is perhaps be the heat/damp from the radiators as we use them to dry damp clothes and the problem area is right above the radiators. I have tried sanding down one wall and repainting with kitchen/bathroom paint (which I imagine is meant to be more forgiving for heat/damp) but the paint has bubbled up immediately. I need to get the professionals back in (I am rubbish at DIY) to fix this as I see this as their fault for not doing this right in the first place. I'm not sure what they used to skim the walls (the walls were uneven and thats why they were brought in to do the job).

Is this a common problem and are there any golden rules for fixing/preventing this problem?

thanks alot

Sponsored Links
I need to get the professionals back in (I am rubbish at DIY) to fix this as I see this as their fault for not doing this right in the first place.

Hahahaha - funniest post I've seen in ages. Hahahahahah :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The real culprit is perhaps be the heat/damp from the radiators as we use them to dry damp clothes and the problem area is right above the radiators. Is this a common problem and are there any golden rules for fixing/preventing this problem?
This has got to be a W/U, you can’t be serious; if you use your radiators to dry washing, perhaps you should have told the professionals what you had in mind & then you could have had a jolly good time laughing with them as they fell about on the floor! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back