Price idea please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just moved into a new house and there is a spa bath in the that works but it is run of a 13a fuse spur on the outside of the bath room, which I have been told used to be a single socket

Now I have bought a rcd fuse spur to replace the existing fuse spur.

How much should I be looking to pay for a sparky to come and switch it over?

I have bought the rcd already so there will be no equipment costs

Sponsored Links
1 hour labour, at whatever the local rate is.

However this should be easy to replace yourself, it would be like - for - like

Yes I could do it myself but the wife wants someone in to do it!!

It's on the ring main, a socket was replaced for the fuse spur.

So there's a 32a mcb on that ring, but the CU Does have an rcd

Sponsored Links
Yes I could do it myself but the wife wants someone in to do it!!

Might be cheaper and easier to get a new wife.

So there's a 32a mcb on that ring, but the CU Does have an rcd

Not a great deal of point in adding a RCD FCU to a circuit that's already RCD protected. An earth fault will simply trip both.

Also you'll have fun trying to find a spark who's willing to travel over to do a trivial job like this. It just isn't worth the time.

Also you'll have fun trying to find a spark who's willing to travel over to do a trivial job like this. It just isn't worth the time.
Not sure about that.

I think it more likely that the customer would be unwilling to pay the required amount.

Not sure about that.

I think it more likely that the customer would be unwilling to pay the required amount.

Would you be willing to go quote for a job that the customer was unlikely to want to pay for?

I don't think I need to GO to quote for replacing an accessory but if YOU had and you're already there then you may as well fit the thing for twenty quid rather than leave having been told fifty pounds for another visit is too expensive.

[/quote]

Not a great deal of point in adding a RCD FCU to a circuit that's already RCD protected. An earth fault will simply trip both.

[/quote]

Which is obviously why the previous owner did fit an unnecessary RCD FCU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back