Price of brick workshop, 2.5x3.5m?

LWD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've been reading and researching and learned a lot (including enough to put me off trying this myself!), seen a few people with my same question and have seen the answers they got. But it's all more bigtime than my idea, so after trying to dd it up on wickes website I thought I'd ask here after all. Online calculators don't seem to answer it all like you guys do...

I want a single wall rectangular brick building with a flat roof, decent lockable door and a good solid floor - to be built by builders. 2.5x3m, 2.5m high.

Any idea on a rough cost for this, including foundation?

From here, I'd like to take over. I would like to insulate it - not livable, just enough for a small oil rad to make working possible, I don't need to be in short sleeves! Ceiling included. From what I've seen, I put batons along the walls and wedge kingspan sheets in. This needn't be covered up but would be nice, and I don't follow the air gap / condensation stuff yet so not sure I'd do it.

Condensation issues... though I'm not fussed on a window, I would install my own extraction / ventilation. Not sure if this would help or if I'm likely to get any issues in the first place. Not a bathroom type one, I've got a couple of system air inline 4" I could use (loft bedroom survivor here).

I don't imagine cozy. I want to stand there working without the floor sucking my heat out and a fairly stable temp most of the year. A simple raised board floor, insulated under the boards?

Happy doing the roof myself, if the roll of rough, waterproof stuff on sheds is suitable here.

Electrics would be essential, I've no idea on this but researching and finding it's all cheaper than I'd thought. Need a pro for this. Good lighting and say 10 x 2 plug sockets round the room, but mostly on one wall - trunking is more than ok, I grew up in a house full of bare pipes and gambles with lighting wire, trunking would be luxurious! Don't need it cleverly hidden away.

Thanks very much for any tips, I know it could have a million answers, but maybe someone's done similar.

Please excuse lack of terminology - first house!

John

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back