price !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have been asked to redo all the skirting boards and architrave in a three bedroom house but i haven't got a clue what to charge or how lol
Any help would be great !!!!!!!!

thanks
kingie

Sponsored Links
Cost of materials + Time taken = Your price!

I normally work out cost of materials then add a bit if I'm picking them up. I then work out roughly how many days it will take, multiply that by how much I want to earn and add it to the materials total to give me a price. If any of it is particularly awkward or I don't really want to do it I'll add a bit more on top :)

Sponsored Links
I cost materials, skirting approximately £1.40 p/linear metre (depending on what size and profile you use) plus VAT. Plus any additions, gripfill, screws and plugs etc.

Add 35% to mats plus labour.

OR you can buy blank timber and route your own profile, takes very little more time (but a lot more mess), then you can charge more for 'bespoke'! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back