pricing for full central heating system??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi iv had a quote of 2,400 all in for a new boiler (which is 700 pounds) alone and 5 radiators to be installed. the system is to replace electric heating so obviously their is no pipes in place etc. the property is a 2 bed terrace consisting of 2 rads upstairs and 3 downstairs. i know its hard to price jobs without seeing, but does 2,400 sound reasonable?? this also includes electrician to wire boiler up. advice appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
hi iv had a quote of 2,400 all in for a new boiler (which is 700 pounds) alone and 5 radiators to be installed. the system is to replace electric heating so obviously their is no pipes in place etc. the property is a 2 bed terrace consisting of 2 rads upstairs and 3 downstairs. i know its hard to price jobs without seeing, but does 2,400 sound reasonable?? this also includes electrician to wire boiler up. advice appreciated thanks
sorry forgot to say property is in connahs quay wales, thanks

Sponsored Links
The price is ok. check which boiler is to be installed because this is the most important part of the system.

the materials will cost approx £1400 so that's £1000 for labour.

Prices vary considerably from area to area.
just because they are cheap doesn't mean there cowboys.

OP yes the price is ok but you should be using someone on recommendation the same job could be priced at say 3400 would that mean you are getting a better job NO it doesnt .
Cheap doesnt mean rough and corners cut and expensive does not mean a good job.

Misterdubya explain why its too cheap to be decent you have not got a feking clue how quick the guy is what his financial circumstances are etc etc etc .

I can earn 900 quid a day or 100, do i do a worse job for the hundred no i dont its my choice to charge what i want when i want and to whom i want but it does not affect the quality of my work.

OP yes the price is ok but you should be using someone on recommendation the same job could be priced at say 3400 would that mean you are getting a better job NO it doesnt .
Cheap doesnt mean rough and corners cut and expensive does not mean a good job.

Misterdubya explain why its too cheap to be decent you have not got a feking clue how quick the guy is what his financial circumstances are etc etc etc .

I can earn 900 quid a day or 100, do i do a worse job for the hundred no i dont its my choice to charge what i want when i want and to whom i want but it does not affect the quality of my work.
valid point :D

Deepest darkest corners of Wales? Who knows what goes on there? I believe they have their own currency...

dont kid yourself that your part of merseyside. your a sheep shagger!.

yes mate that to me sounds about right maybe a little cheep tho

The price is either here nor there...

What actually matters are the following points;

Did you like the Engineer's who have quoted you? Were they friendly, approachable, trustworthy?

Have you seen any of their previous work?

Did the quote meet your expectation(s)?

Is the quote within your budget?

Is the appliance they are providing something you'd consider having?

Have you ever heard of the manufacturer before?

Is the installation being fitted going to be compatible with any future work(s) you may carry out on your property? such as extensions, en-suites or even Solar?

If you've asked the above, and it's all sounding good, then go for it!

If not, get another quote. You're not in France, a handshake doesn't constitute a signed deal.

Did the installer mention the £300 ( or was it £400 ) grant which you may be entitled to?

Or did he know about it but plan to keep it for himself making the install £2800 ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back