Prima LPR600 incomplete wash cycle. Heater faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope you folks can help me.

I have an 18 month old Prima LPR600 dishwasher which has developed an infuriating problem.

There are 4 programmes available. Rinse only. 40 degree quick wash. 50 degree 2 hour wash. 70 degree wash.

We normally use the 50 degree wash, but recently we've noticed that the programme has been finishing too quickly, with the result that the dishes aren't clean, there's still soap in the machine, but that everything is cold.

This would imply that the heater is jiggered? I'm not getting any error message at all. I've read a few forum answers and I'd expect to see a flashing light to help diagnose this fault. Nothing.

I've reset it to no avail. I don't want to call out the engineer unless I have to.

HELP!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
I found out that there is a way to do a diagnostic on this machine.

Select a function, turn machine off, turn back on whilst holding down the start button, hold start button until it starts flashing, let it go then press it again, close door, wait 20 mins...

The machine will then tell you whats wrong with it.

Nothing.

But what did happen was that the water did heat up! So it isn't a faulty heater. I suspect that it may be a faulty pcb.

Any ideas?

Jimmy

On the test program it does not do the first drain,

so does it drain ok
does the main circulation pump run during the test
the pcb could be shot (relay not always working etc)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it drains OK, and the circulation pump is fine.

It is very erratic. It starts fine. Drains - fills - pops the tablet - washes - rinses and drains. But it doesn't heat the water (Unless on diagnostic) and then just finishes, leaving the bottom of the machine full of suds! This is because the tablet is still there, about half dissolved.

Very puzzling. Never had a fault code yet.

Any ideas?

Jimmy

PS. Just noticed, when I'm setting up the diagnostic there are two red lights that flash to the right of the start button while I'm holding down the start button and the green light is flashing. That any help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back