Primary flow pipe size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a corroded 100 litre hot water cylinder. The primary flow from a 2-port valve to the cylinder is via a 15mm pipe. The return is joined with 15mm bypass pipe & continues as a 22mm pipe.

As the new cylinder will be a 45 litre fast-reheat (muli-coil) design, would it be appropriate to replace the 15mm primary flow section with a 22mm section? I suspect it is an unecessary bottleneck which would reduce the new cylinders performance.

Any tips on removal/replacement of cylinders?

Sponsored Links
20pictures said:
Any tips on removal/replacement of cylinders?

i saw one on tv cut open with an electric jigsaw, it was a complaint about condition of water / bad plumbing, and this professionl had the tank in a garage and you saw (no punn intended) him cut it in two with an electric jigsaw

primary shoudl be at least 22mm or you will not get the full power to the coil.

NB they should be bigger depending on size of boiler.

tips for replacing cylinders is DONT get someone in

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
i saw one on tv cut open with an electric jigsaw,

For a neater cut you could use a very large pipe cutter around the middle of the cylinder :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back