Priming tiles to paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this was a "trend" a few years ago is it worth a shot? Or am I better off ripping out tiling and doing it myself? The area in question is only small its our downstairs clockroam! The room is green, with green tiles, and green vanity unit....I hate green thankfully the suite is white......

Thoughts greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Tile paint is ok for a temp fix few a few months at most but for a lasting job better too remove the old and retile.

Some years ago, my daughter/son in law painted the tiles in their kitchen. I remember they put on a white base coat first, and then painted the tiles,,, alternate, yellow and blue, yellow and blue :rolleyes: ,,, then the old grout lines were finished off with a white "grout pen". It did look good for a while,, but then the paint began to get chipped and marked, and you could always notice the brush marks in the paint itself. It wasn't cheap to do either. That's all gone now as the kitchen had a total makeover,, but in answer to the original poster,, i would go for retiling etc, because as Lancenot' said,, it's only a temporary fix, and it wont last very long,, especially in a busy room.

Roughcaster.

STOP...... ITS HAMMER TIME!

ok dont like mc hammer?

all sing along

"rip it out and start again"

:cool:

Sponsored Links
Thanks I suspected this was going to be the case I'm just hope when taking them off I don't pull the plaster off :confused: I have no plastering or tiling experience but I'm game:cool:

plastering is easy enough, just remember the golden plasterers rule make as much mess as poss and only partly clean up. cant go wrong then

:cool: :LOL:

plastering is easy enough, just remember the golden plasterers rule make as much mess as poss and only partly clean up. cant go wrong then

:cool: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

I can certainly try! I've always fancied plastering! I wanted to do it before I lived abroad but I got a job abroad and that one :LOL:

I read in a Sunday paper that there is a new type of plastering for jobs bigger than pollyfiller type jobs! But can't remember the name :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back