Printer Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have recently changed my printer to a HP Deskjet 3050A. I have loaded all the necessary software and made sure that all the updates have been downloaded.

When pressing the print button, the command goes through to the printer and it appears to print. Infact the paper is blank and shows no evidence of printing. The cartridges are brand new. When I go onto properties of the printer I get the message 'active directory domain services is currently unavailable' My computer uses Windows Vista Home Premium. I have tried using the USB connection and that doesn't work either.

Being a novice and non-computer have I missed something out?

Your help will be much appreciated as I am pulling my hair out....:cool:

Sponsored Links
A neighbour had the same trouble not printing / scanning we finally downloaded a tool from their website "HP Print and Scan Doctor" that sorted it out but you do have to plod through the support pages first and look at "print" problems.

I had a look to see if I still had a link, but afraid it's gone from my bookmarks now. and a simple search on Hp did not throw it up directly but keep looking it is there somewhere!

Good luck

footprints

As above, if you go to www.hp.com and look for Product Support the links will take you to the Print & Scan Doctor.

Try this link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5061092#N434

If running that is inconclusive I would be inclined to completely uninstall the software and start again. Normally you should install the software before connecting the device but the Install Wizard should guide you through that. Also make sure that any old printer software is uninstalled before you start again, in case that is causing any conflicts - unlikely but trying to cover all the options.

My main concern is the message about 'active directory' that you are getting. Active directory is something found in corporate networks and I would never expect to see any reference to it in the home environment (which I assume your's is?).

Hard to come up with a definitive answer without seeing the problem firsthand.

Sponsored Links
Ive had so many problems with HP priters that never getting another one again. Im gonna go with canon next.

Hope the solution above works for you!

Back