Printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My HP Laser Jet 2300 printer has stopped printing. I have been through all the trouble shooting questions and can not work out the problem. Connections are all plugged in and Printer appears to be okay as it prints the menu map okay. The problem seems to be from the Computer to the Printer. The home computer I use is a Dell Windows XP. I would be gratefull of any help as to what the problem could be. I am not an IT person!! Thank you in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: i think he meant,when your computer is on does your printer show up in the task bar????but i could be wrong ;)

Sponsored Links
Click on "start" at the bottom left hand cornerof your screen, then "control panel" then "printers & faxes" & you should see that your printer shows as being installed. If that is ok on the left of the screen under "see also" is a menu that says troubleshoot printing, follow the instructions & see if that helps.

Thanks jj4091, but I have tried all that and still no success. The printer is connected and goes through all the stages but finally fails to print. Is there anything else I can do?

Go to the HP site and click on which ever model you have.
This will take you to the driver and software page.
Click your operating system to be taken to the correct page for your OS.
Under Useful Links click to auto check if your drivers need updating.

If you have the latest drivers installed, do you have the installation disk that came with the printer and also the install instructions.
If so, uninstall the printer by using Start -> All Progs -> HP -> Uninstall.

When removed, go to My computer -> double click the C:/ drive icon -> double click Program files -> right click the HP folder and select delete in the menu.
Disconnect the printer from the computer.
Reboot the computer and then use the installation CD to install as per instructions. Which usually mean DO NOT plug the lead from the computer to the printer until told to on the screen.

dave

Gotta love hp printers, they always come with some kind of problem!

Is the printer plugged directly into your computer or is it part of a home network (wirelessfor example)?

Gotta love hp printers, they always come with some kind of problem!

Bit of a generalisation, I think.
Do you have any proof that they always come with problems?
And are the problems down to the printers or the people who are trying to use them? The latter is more likely the case.

I have two HP all-in-ones and both my daughter and brother-in-law have HP printers and none of us has had a single problem with them, so does that mean I can make a general statement that all HP printers are probem-free..

Sponsored Links
Back