Privacy screening and noise block for exterior house/garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently live in a detached house with a garage at the side, on a busy junction. The garage is the closest part of the plot to the road. I am looking to reduce noise and increase privacy.

At the side of the house I would like to block noise and add artificial screening on top of the garage to provide privacy to some bedroom windows facing a busy road. - what types of materials should I use? how should it be secured on top of the garage? Are there any other cost effective alternatives?

Attachments

• garage1.PNG
    garage1.PNG
    700.8 KB · Views: 175
  • garage2.PNG
    garage2.PNG
    579.3 KB · Views: 177
  • garage3.PNG
    garage3.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
That's going to be really hard, and I suspect you'll need planning permission for any sort of wall-like barrier there - maybe someone else can comment on that?

Remving the garage and planting a dense clump of Leylandii might help....

thanks, but any other options? The garage will be useful storage space for us so we would not like to remove this. We were going to do this along with general hedging/fencing along the other walls, so wonder if this may help at all. I read that for hedging/ or materials not classed as permanent fixtures, planning permission is not required,=

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back