Privet Hedge - Price Check

RDD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to have a 10 metre strip of lawn removed, and bare root privet planted, I would do it myself but I've got a bit of an injury at the moment and time is ticking in terms of planting (I want it up and running this year).

As such I want to get a few opinions of how much I could expect to pay for this service (which would include off site removal of the turf, new compost etc etc)?

I've got a rough idea of how much gardeners charge per hour, somewhere between £15 and £25, so I guess the question is how long would it take for a competent gardener to take up a strip of lawn, and crucially, plant roughly 5 bare root plants per metre?

No objection to paying, just don't want to get ripped off.

Much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Best suggestion would be to get at least 3 quotes from reputable firms in your area.
Would be best if you could get recommendations from people or, if you live in a village/small community, try the parish magazine. If they rely on work in the community they are more likely to be fair and do a good job. If they are cowboys others will not recommend them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back