Probably a dumb question - Boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its time now to switch on the CH again - this morning it didn't come on tho.

I reset it like the manual said - but no joy.

Basically it isn't lighting - the gas is going and the ignition i can hear - but then it locks out. I tyry resetting - and it tries again but then locks out again.

What might the problem be?

Please help!
:)

Gav

Sponsored Links
Tricky diagnosing problems without even knowing what make and model of boiler you have!

Is your boiler large and heavy, with a metallic casing painted white?

If so, then I can confirm that it's possible that it definitely might have a fault inside it.

For am exhaustive list of possible boiler and heating system problems, please click here.

Wow - how did you know?
Yes it is big and white and shiny too. You guys are ace.

Sorry about sounding like a numpty - missed off that info.

Its a Halstead Hero 50
Moved in a year ago but it looks pretty new - not sure of warranty of it either.

I know thats pretty useless info.

I've turned the PCB knob to reset and back on again as per instructions and it doesn't ignite!

Any clue tho?

G

Sponsored Links
Well for a start has it got a supply of mains electricity and are room stat and timeclock calling for heat?

Tony

Gavski said:
the gas is going and the ignition i can hear - but then it locks out. I tyry resetting - and it tries again but then locks out again.
Agile said:
Well for a start has it got a supply of mains electricity and are room stat and timeclock calling for heat?
Bow to the master, ladies and gents.

Yes mains elec are on and lights are showing.

as for timers i think it works when called i,e the noise starts thru the pipes and the ignition starts but just doesn't light.

As you can probably tell i'm about as technical as a prune.

Ta

G

Seen a few of these where the HT lead shorts out a quick clean is all it needs.

How do you know the gas is going in? A quick test is to watch the red dial on your gas meter when boiler kicks in.

Maybe your boiler just needs a service!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back