probably a stupid question plumbing related

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
could somebody let me know what i can and cant do in relation to domestic plumbing.
i have been asked by a friend if i would fit there bathroom for them. they have seen mine and want the same..
basically so i dont fall foul of anybody i would just like to know apart from putting in the suit. Am i allowed to plumb the cold water in.. i no its a silly question but i want to get it right for them.
The plumbing is already in place all i need to do maybe fix any potential problems and connect up..
regards

Sponsored Links
You are allowed to, whether you can or not is of course down to you ;)
If there are mixer taps then put double check valves on the cold pipes to the appliances

so in that sense i can remove and replace the bath/sink and toilet without breaking any rules. i will update any frail looking connections any if need be put in stop valves?
Now all i have to do is work out how much to charge!!! any ideas

Sponsored Links
Appliance isolation valves are a very good idea, makes servicing much easier ;)

There are some regulations you could potentially fall foul of, I think I've covered water regs by telling you to install DCVs, is there a shower with the bath or is it just a straight bath? If there's a shower then there should be no way any part of the shower hose or head can possibly be placed in the WC bowl when attached to the shower

1.25" waste pipe to have a maximum run of 1.7m, 1.5" waste to have a maximum run of 3m, both should ideally have a fall gradient of 44mm per metre. Bath trap to have a minimum seal depth of 50mm, basin trap to have a minimum seal depth of 75mm, both may be replaced by HepVo waste valves if required.

Think that should cover everything...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back