Problem Boiler

Joanne266 said:
Just an annual safety check. He didn't take anything apart - wasn't really there long enough to do that. Concentrated more on my hot water boiler if anything. The pump seems to be fine as far as i'm aware, all the radiators are heating up just fine. The only noise is from the boiler.

Nickso, another example of a "safety check" rather than a service.

A boiler would not suddenly make a banging noise. I am wondering if a motor valve is closing and the pump is either going off while the boiler is still on or the flow is being stopped before the boiler does. Whatever, it sounds as if it needs a competent person to diagnose the problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Joanne266 said:
Just an annual safety check. He didn't take anything apart - wasn't really there long enough to do that. Concentrated more on my hot water boiler if anything. The pump seems to be fine as far as i'm aware, all the radiators are heating up just fine. The only noise is from the boiler.

Nickso, another example of a "safety check" rather than a service.

A boiler would not suddenly make a banging noise. I am wondering if a motor valve is closing and the pump is either going off while the boiler is still on or the flow is being stopped before the boiler does. Whatever, it sounds as if it needs a competent person to diagnose the problem.

Tony

i didnt say it wasnt tony. read the terms and conditions.....its says its a safety check. i personally did more than most but that doesnt mean it has to be done. even the MI's for a boiler that old dont require much.

its a strange fault i agree but lets not start the guessing game again....we simply dont have enough info to lay blame. unless he has done something that he hasnt told the OP about its pretty pointless guessing the cause.

if you think a boiler wouldnt suddenly make a banging noise tell me why this one has? you seem to be heading towards the engineer being at fault even though you also seem adamant he did nothing in the service anyway....which is it?

next person who looks at it has to check the temps, pump,valves, bypass, water quality etc and take it from there i think.

When I said that the boiler would not suddenly start banging I meant as a result of a fault inside the boiler.

I would expect that its caused by something external.

Nothing I said suggested the engineer's safety check was involved. Its difficult to immagine anything he might have done but of course we dont know what the fault is yet.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back