Problem closing double glazed window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

First time posting so hopefully someone can help. I have seen similar enquiries but need advice specific to our problem.

Basically a bedroom window suddenly won't close properly. If you look at the pictures, there's quite a big gap at the top compared to the bottom. I can't see where on the hinges thst sny adjustment is made to bring the top closer. The runners all lok like they function corectly and dont appear to be getting stuck.

I did read on another thread that you can by new hinges/runners or whatever they are called but they look like they're riveted on.

IMAG0565-20170924-155350334.jpg IMAG0566-20170924-155327732.jpg IMAG0567-20170924-155304843.jpg

Thanks
Richie

Sponsored Links
Yep looks like you need new hinges.
I would recommend getting an expert in due to the pop rivets. Easy to get out but you need a good match on the replacement hinges (hole locations) and you will have no adjustment, So need to get it right first time.

All rivets will need drilling out with a 4.8mm drill bit.

as an aside
you can often push an opposite corner to the out off alighned edge to line up the loose hinge to work properly

Thanks for the answers both. Looks like I need to get a pro inthen, who will probably try to sell me a whole new set of double glazing.

It's difficult to push the opposite corner as it's an upstairs window.

thanks
Richie

Sponsored Links
Google double glazing doctors and pop into some local double glazing company's to ask about prices.
depending on how far they have to come your probably looking at £60-100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back