Problem connecting a wall mounted tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a wall mounted tap (http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Sagittarius_Avant_Wall_Mounted_3_Hole_Basin_Mixer_Tap.html) It's one piece, has a plate attached for wall mounting, but there are no tap tails or connectors, just 1/2" threaded holes (vertical).
I bought 1/2" x 15mm male compressions couplers; they fit but leak - tried adding an o-ring on the couplier, then wound PTFE tape round the threads of the coupler, but still weeps.
What should I be using to connect this tap?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Sagittarius_Avant_Wall_Mounted_3_Hole_Basin_Mixer_Tap.htm says page no longer available.

Without seeing it or the MI sheet then it's a bit more difficult. Does it not tell you in the MI what fittings are required? It may be a 15mm x 1/2" BSP fitting it uses? The PTFE tape solution - more of - sounds like the way to go but seems a lots of farfing about for what should be a complete installation.

I'd be getting in touch with Sagittarius and see what they've got to say

Sponsored Links
The MI sheet was rubbish, covered a number of generic taps, none of which looked like this one. Spoke to Sagittarius on the phone a couple of times, they promised better instructions but after a week and a couple of emails they sent a scanned copy of the wrong instructions again.

I think I'm going to write these off, not confident and really worried about boarding and tiling over them, then finding a leak later.

Hi, did this work in the end? Also, does the brass block on yours also have no back nuts for clamping to the wall? I have two plates for screwing to some sort of mount but that doesn't seem very robust to me

Sagitarius are in my experience a rubbish company.

Try Loctite 55 on the male thread

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back